As your Birth Doula I will be available from week 38 to week 42, throughout your pregnancy in person, by phone and email.
- Four visits 3 or 2 prenatal and 1 or 2 postnatal. (See below for what these sessions cover).
- Up to 1 midwife/consultant appointment from week 40 of pregnancy.
- Unlimited phone or email support for up to 4 weeks after the birth of your baby.
- Labour support.
- Continuity of care during the birth of your baby.
- I will be on-call for you 24 hrs a day from week 38 to week 42.
- I am available to join you during your labour when you feel you need me.
Birth Preparation and Labour – Prenatal sessions (part of birth package)
These sessions are designed to foster familiarity between your doula (me) and you. They help us become comfortable with each other so I am no longer ‘this random woman who walked off the street’ when you go into labour.
We cover the following in these prenatal sessions:
- Exploring your wishes and your concerns.
- Stages of labour and the role of hormones.
- Positions for active labour as well as optimal foetal position.
- The role of your partner, empowering him/her to support you from hers/his strengths.
- Birth environment: how to promote a sense of security and calm.
- Hospital protocols.
- Massage and acupressure points in labour.
- Your birth preferences to include in your hospital notes.
When you go into labour, we will be in touch via phone and I will join you when you feel you need me. I will remain with you throughout your labour until the baby is born and you are settled.
Post-natal visit (part of birth package)
I will come to see you at home a few days or a couple of weeks after your birth, depending on your needs. The aim of the visit is to offer whatever support you and your baby may need to create a harmonious experience at home. We will debrief your birth as you felt it and I will suggest other practitioners, if you or your baby need additional help.