Over the past 20 years, I have supported over 200 mothers-to-be with pregnancy massage, hypnobirthing, and doulaing.
As a doula, I have:
- Been involved in the negotiations for securing the birth centre for women termed ‘high risk’, such a VBAC (vaginal birth after C-section) and negotiated more time to allow for conditions precluding birth centre to disappear (mum with raised blood pressure on arrival and low blood sugar).
- Supported couples under pressure of induction, offering a sounding board.
- Been a support during induction when that was the preferred choice of the mother.
- Supported many successful VBAC mothers and helped them be well prepared with my relaxation techniques and hypnobirthing experience.
- Debriefed the previous birth experience and created a ‘blank canvas’ emotionally, to be open to experience a brand new birth.
- Assisted and supported mothers and their partners during C-sections.
- Supported and prepared partners to find their strength and confidence to be a rock for the birthing woman.
- Held the space for the couple to experience labour and birth as an intimate journey.
- Been a practical doula, making sure there is food for labour and anything else to make your birthing space your own (flannels, straws, pillows, music, electric candles, essential oils).
I am always fully present, as involved or discreet as necessary and will keep my sense of humour throughout!